Lost and scattered in the city are several infected creatures which the player can take on as pets. A player is allowed to collect as many of these as they can find, but only one can be active at a time, sometimes known as the companion of the player. If the player has a companion, it has a random chance of attacking enemies while in combat. Pet's have a base 25% chance of attacking each round, further improved by a player's Charisma and some feats. Pets have starting stats that improve as they level up, which they do by participating in combat. They earn their own experience, but cannot become a higher level than the player. They also gain improved Dexterity and damage gradually as they level up. A player gains a little less XP while using a pet. Most pets come with their own endings, or may even have modified endings in combination with certain NPCs or infections. They may also possess special in-game scenes and content under special circumstances.
The following commands are used to control pets in the game. Pets can also be looked at and a pet's level can be seen by having it joined to you and looking at yourself.
- pet - Shows a list of the pets collected.
- pet <name> - Have the named pet join and fight by your side.
- dismiss - Have your current pet stop helping you.
List of Pets
The following is a list of existing pets, where they can be found and what needs to be given/done to tame them.
- Bee Girl - Park - Honey the bee girl. Choose to heal her to have her join you. Sex w/player.
- Cute Crab - Beach Plaza - Give food.
- Demon Brute - Smith Haven Mall - Brutus the demon brute. To gain this pet player must defeat several Demon Brutes until one drops a demon tooth and give the tooth to Nermine she will help you acquire this pet. Sex and play w/player noninfectious during sex.
- Equinoid Warrior - Park - Liliana the Black Equinoid. Gained after joining their tribe at the Equinoid Camp
- Exotic Bird - City Zoo - Charisma check.
- Felinoid Companion - Park - Unlocked by Nermine's Rare Item Quest. Free it from the plants. Fight it later. Help it. Infectious w/Felinoid strain. Sex w/female or herm player.
- Frost Giantess - Capitol Bldg - Aurora the frost giantess. Help her cross a lava moat w/Strength check (auto-success w/medium sledge).
- GShep Companion - Outside Exploration - Korvin the German Shepherd (SP). Defeat the special german shepherd enough times and choose to recruit him. Noninfectious sex w/player.
- Gryphoness - Outside Exploration/Beach Plaza - Denise the Hermaphrodite Gryphon. Find her in the city, then again on the beach. Save her from the monsters at the beach, then Charisma check. Infectious sex w/player.
- Helper Dog - City Hospital - Hobo the stray dog. Give food and pass Charisma check.
- House cat - Outside Exploration - Give gryphon milk.
- Human Dog - Warehouse District - Ares, the human dog, loaned for walks by Mike. Temporary pet only.
- Little Fox - Park - Give food.
- Pink Raccoon - City Hospital - Raccoon - Chosen option via Doctor Mouse. Infectious sex w/player.
- Royal Tiger - Park - Ryousei the royal tiger. Earn his respect by besting him in battle multiple times. Sex and play w/player noninfectious during sex.
- Mouse Girl - Red Light District - Rachel the Mental Mouse. Find the home of the Mental Mice. Having her along restricts the Mental Mice to normal encounter rates. Infectious sex w/player.
- Retriever Girl - High Rise District - Karen the Retriever. Rescue her (and yourself) from Rex's control. No sex yet.
- Rubber Tigress Pet - State Fair - Artemis the neuter Rubber Tigress. 'Feed' her a few times. Sex and play w/player.
- Skunk Kit - Urban Forest - Have skunk body or use skunk goo to infect oneself. Infectious w/Skunk strain.
- Strange Doll - Nermine's Bargain Bin - Choose to keep the strange doll you randomly pull out of the bargain bin.