Inside of the Grey Abbey Library, just outside of your bunker, you'll find a computer that seems to still operational, though lacking in power. Despite the apocalypse that had overtaken the city you can fix this, an subsequently the power to a portion of the city, if you so choose to. Here are the steps...
- First go outside and locate the Power Lines by hunting for it.
- Then go outside and locate the 'Ravaged Power Plant' event to find the Plant Overview. If you have chosen the City Map perk, it will automatically be accessible for you.
- At this point hunt 'generator' two times to find generator parts that you will need to fix the plant with.
- Next you will need the Cat Key found right outside of the Red Light district area to open a door inside of the Plant Overview. Go and nab the key and then return to the Power Plant.
- Once you have returned head north then up and then west to get into the catwalk area.
- If you already have the generator parts, which you should (but if not go and hunt for them), then you will automatically fix the generator in the catwalk area by installing the parts.
- Now here comes the tricky part: in order to fix the library computer you will have to type in 'activate control panels' inside of the control room area. However, you'll need a fairly high intelligence score in order to do this. Around 20 for 100% of a chance to succeed and 15 for a 75% chance. Just keep trying until you get it to work or go out and fight and boost your intelligence on level up.
- When you do succeed at activating the control panel leave the Power Plant Overview area and then head to the Power Line area.
- Once there type in 'repair tower' to repair the tower.
- Congratulations, power has been restored to some portions of the city (see the Mall area during night) however, you still need to check on the computer back at the Library. So return to the Grey Abbey Library.
- Once there type 'turn on computer' to turn the computer on for another +25 to score. No other effect at present.
- At this point you have now completed this portion of the event!
- You also have collected 200 points in the game.
- Some locations and events have slightly different descriptions if the power is back on or not.