Behind a register counter is what looks like a mouse with green eyes intently reading a book, having not noticed you yet. The thick locks of blonde, curly hair on its head fall cutely around their large ears and flows down to frame their slender neck. From the glow of the candles you can make out that the fur of their face and muzzle appears to be a dark, golden-cream in colour, and seems to shine even in the low light. Pierced in her right grey ear are a couple of medium-sized gold hooped earrings.
The player will find Beverly located in the east wing of the Smith Haven Mall. There, the player may choose to "browsebooks" (other variations work) to find various books in the store.
- Each browse action passes a turn (3 hours).
- Through the various books, it is possible to learn the Survivalist, Haggler, Expert Hunter and Strong Psyche Feats.
- Another book will increase the player's Dexterity by a point up to two times.
- If the player has listened to Beverly's story, the player may converse with Beverly instead of finding a book. If the player's Intelligence is less than 20 but passes an intelligence check, they will gain a point. This is repeatable.
- Books can be encountered multiple times even if they have already rewarded the player.
- Books may not reward the player on their first read.
- If the House Cat Pet is brought to the bookstore, Beverly reveals than it's actually her pet and its name is Turtle.