Mudlet is a MUSH / MUD client that you can obtain from: http://www.mudlet.org/
Connecting for the first time
When you first open Mudlet there won't be a connection profile for Flexible Survival.
- If the Select a profile to connect with window isn't up
- go to Games and select Play.
- Creating a (server) profile
- Click the New button (bottom middle)
- Fill out the fields in the upper right based on the Main Page data
- Profile Name: (suggestion) Flexible Survival
- Server Address: flexiblesurvival.com
- Port: 2002
- Secure: (check the checkbox)
- Optional: Check either of the bottom Optional connection features in the Optional tab area.
- Actually connecting for the first time
- Hit Connect
- The sign in message (at least when writing this) "is a lie", we can't have nice things like Guest accounts in modern day times.
- Please respect and obey the "click wrap" agreement (quoting)
- " By logging in, you agree that you are a legal adult wherever you live. If you are not a legal adult, please log off now. "
- It's possible to Create a new character while connected to the MUCK in Mudlet
- It's possible to use the website to create a character as well (which might be easier)
- Sign in as your character by sending this command (replace UPPERCASE words)
- connect CHARACTER PASSWORD
- You should now wake up in a room...
- You will want to close and Save the profile to make sure Mudlet records these settings.
- If you included the PREPACKAGE ability/command when creating the character run it now. This is how you wake up as already 'not a human'. Higher levels of infection reflect further mastery of a given initial form.
ChatSystem_FS Channels Script
You can also obtain a script to use to separate the chat from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xztoHus0t8aFo5ZGIyRENaNlk/view?usp=sharing
Note: Any text appearing in the windows added by this script will not be saved in Mudlet's logs!
After installing the Mudlet, and connecting to FS, you can open up the package manager, and Install that script from where ever you downloaded it to. You should then close the program and save the profile on exit. Relaunching the application, and launching the profile should now show the tabs. This script has been tested for Windows, and Linux versions.
Group Not working
By Default, your group tab will be there, but not working. You need to open up your triggers menu, and navigate to the Group Tab Item. In the lines at the top you will see 0, 1, 2, and so on. I have left my groups information there as an example. Replace that information with your group, and save and restart. You will now see your group information inside.
User Echo Removal
To remove your own input from showing up in the main window. Click Settings on the menu bar, and select "input line".
Make sure "Show the text you sent" is not checked. In the image below. It is checked off.
To automatically login (not recommended for security reasons, but has been requested to be placed in this guide),
Click Triggers on the menu bar and make a trigger. Call it Login for your own purpose, but you may name it whatever you want.
Follow the pictures example: http://i.imgur.com/D1VplG8.png
(Alternate) LUA script based Auto Login with Auto Logging
I (Ketsueki's player) have specific expectations and desires about saved passwords and chat clients. Thus I wrote a script that accomplishes the following goals (and updated this wiki page to share it):
- Automate login when connecting to the MUCK.
- Automate logging (start / stop), since Mudlet doesn't.
- Avoid saving the password in the log files.
To use this script you need to finish setting up Mudlet.
- Options -> Preferences
- Configure logging
- Pick Log Options (near the bottom of the General tab)
- Log format (HTML or text, plain text is implied)
- Timestamps or not
- A directory/folder to save the logs in.
- A filename format from the dropdown.
- Optional: Also on that General Profile Preferences tab
- Language & data encoding:
- Set a UI (Interface) language you want
- Also a server encoding (UTF-8 seems to be working for me)
- Language & data encoding:
- Optional: Word-wrapping, fonts, etc
- Main Display tab
- The font selection and Word Wrapping sections should be self explanatory. Please note that a Fixed Width Font (every character is the same wideness blockiness) is assumed. If you pick a Variable Width Font then in game maps and other elements won't display correctly.
- Main Display tab
With the pre-setup fixed you're ready to actually force logging on and save your account password.
- Use the Scripts button or the Toolbox -> Script Editor menu to open the script editor.
- Click Add Item at the top (third icon from the left)
- Fill out the fields on the right.
- Name: E.G. Auto Login and Logging
- Add User Event Handler: (You'll be adding two)
- Put connectLogin in the single line entry box and click the + button
- Put disconnectLogin in the single line entry box and click the + button
- Fill out the script area beneath with this code, ***REPLACE*** all caps fields with your account data.
function connectLogin(event, ...) if event == "sysConnectionEvent" then tempTimer(1, [[ startLogging(false) send("connect CHARACTER PASSWORDORPHRASE") startLogging(true) ]] ) end end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysConnectionEvent", "connectLogin") function disconnectLogger(event, ...) if event == "sysDisconnectionEvent" then startLogging(false) end end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDisconnectionEvent", "disconnectLogger")
- Remember to click the Save Profile button, and also save this profile when you close Mudlet.