Welcome to the Flexible Survival Wiki.
Flexible Survival Wiki is a supporting Wiki for the text-based Flexible Survival MUCK created by Nuku Valente.
Its storyline is based in a not-too-distant past of 2008, containing science fiction elements about a nanite-based virus outbreak and its mutation-inducing consequences. The game is based on roleplay and classic hack'n'slash combat, supporting both a web interface as well as a standard MU* telnet client.
This wiki is set up to be edited by any registered user, but to be registered, a user must go into the game's MUCK, described below. After creating a character, use the command +wiki/create to start the process toward being a registered user!
Sites of Interest
Getting Started with Flexible Survival Multiplayer
How to connect to Flexible Survival MUCK:
- Download a MU* client. A list of clients can be found here
- Use your client to connect to flexiblesurvival.com port 2000
- Type 'create yourcharactername yourpassword' and join the mosh pit of mutates and survivors!
Don't want to download a client? Click here for the version on our website (requires Flash Player)
Know a few nice tricks about MU* clients? Or need a few tips yourself? Check out the UI Guides! Browse useful things others have found, or make one of your own and share you knowledge!
- How do I start? Newbie Primer
- How do I do anything? Newbie Guide
- How do I do MORE anything? Guides
- Are you a total newcomer? Check this guide, update as of January 2017!
- Story Basics - The story of Promethean Day that almost anyone would know
- Nanites - Learn about nanites and what they do
- Ferals - Distinction between feral and non-feral mutants
- Major Factions - The three major driving forces of the game
- Minor Factions - Other smaller factions that can be interacted with
- Locations - Lists cities and areas you may visit in game
- Leveling Up - What exactly happens when a player levels up
- Proficiencies - Base stats most important to a character
- Professions - Inconsequential titles with slight benefits
- Classes - Find the combat class that's right for you
- Merits - Character traits, both perks and character flaws.
- Nanomagic - *FIXME*
- Badges - Achievement awards you can show off as titles
- Sizes - Height, weight, and more
- Roleplaying - The primary function of the game
- Quests - Brief descriptions of in-game quests and where to find them
- Missions - Descriptions of missions located on the website
- Web Missions - Combat missions used to gain rewards
- Items - From consumables to equipment, learn about the game's items
- Crafting - Learn about the game's in-depth and intuitive crafting system
- Combat - Information regarding the way combat works
- Forms - Listing of the many different forms nanite infection can take.
- Mutant Powers - List of powers, what they do, and what forms have them.
- Fishing - Learn how fishing can get you salvage and crafting materials
- Mutant Racing - Race mutants alone or with your friends, here's how
- Social Actions - Help towns to earn rewards and influence
- Trading Cards - How to get cards and play with friends