Area of Effect
A quick summary of how Area of Effect (or AoE) works.
AoE powers (excluding minor powers and single target powers upgraded for AoE, which work differently) which hit enemies have their number of targets affected by accuracy.
- The power determines its decay amount by dividing 40% by its rank. Ranks Are: minor = 1, small = 2, medium = 3, large = 4; upgrades add to this value numerically.
- The power picks its primary target and hits it with full accuracy.
- The power reduces its accuracy by the decay amount.
- The power hits a secondary target with the reduced accuracy.
- Repeat from step 3 until its reduced accuracy is equal to or less than 0.
- 75 Accuracy, Minor AoE: 2 hits, at 75 - 35 Accuracies.
- 75 Accuracy, Small AoE: 4 hits, at 75 - 55 - 35 - 15 Accuracies.
- 55 Accuracy, Small AoE base, +2 AoE upgrade: 6 hits, at 55 - 45 - 35 - 25 - 15 - 5 Accuracies.
Since accuracy is irrelevant in hitting allies, such powers hit 'rank + 1d2' targets. As before, Ranks are: minor = 1, small = 2, medium = 3, and large = 4; then upgrades add on to that.
Gives a scaling chance to hit an additional target. Rate of chance is AoEmod/AoEmod+1.